You will undoubtedly want the aid of one or more pieces of software to efficiently manage a digital marketing campaign. SEMrush is one of the greatest options for an all-encompassing digital marketing platform.
You will learn all there is to know about SEMrush and its free trial in this post.
If you haven't heard of SEMrush before, its main idea is that it will help you make a successful digital marketing plan.
It gives you a number of digital marketing tools that will help you learn about your competitors and come up with a plan to beat them.
SEMrush has several powerful features to offer, so any SEO expert should give it a try. It shouldn't come as a surprise that it has more than six million members and has been praised by many well-known digital and SEO marketers.
Constant upgrades to SEMrush are also made, although they don't necessarily involve adjustments for stability. They occasionally introduce whole new toolkits to the service. So yes, SEMrush allows you to always keep current with the world of digital marketing.
Due to these changes, SEMrush is now an all-inclusive marketing tool rather than just an analytical tool, as it was when it first entered the market.
You must now check out a free trial in order to acquire a feel for SEMrush. You won't really appreciate SEMrush's potent toolkit until you test the service out for yourself.
As you may already be aware, there are various free trials. As a result, you might wonder which free trial you should sign up for. That's probably what brought you here as well.
All the various free account variants and the features available in each will be thoroughly explained to you. In conclusion, all the trials are really difficult, but they are all best for different kinds of companies.
Therefore, the plan you should choose is the one that best meets your company's demands.
We hope that after reading this post, you will be able to decide whether or not to use SEMrush and launch a fruitful digital marketing career.
SEMrush 30 Days Free Trial
How to activate your SEMrush free trial?
To get a real feel of the service, you will have to give it a shot. The free trial is the best way to do so.
To get SEMrush free account, simply follow these steps:
- The first step is to decide which plan would be the ideal one for you.
- Once you have decided, use the link in the article to quickly reach the registration page.
- Sign-up for a new account. You will need an email address and a password.
- You will then be asked to choose from 2 of it’s plans to continue with after the Free-trial.
- You will reach the billing details page, and obviously, the SEMrush free trial will show zero cost. Note that you will still need bank details.
- Enter your billing details. Don’t worry, as you can always easily cancel your account once you run out of the free trial and feel you don’t want to continue.
- Also, make sure to remember that SEMrush will charge a specific amount from your credit card to confirm its legitimacy. You will get your money as soon as the verification is over.
- That’s it. Congratulations on your SEMrush 30 days free trial.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Free Trial of SEMrush (Toolkits and Use Cases)
If you followed the previous steps, you should have an activated free SEMrush 30-day trial now.
This section will deal with all the various features and toolsets that SEMrush offers and how you can get the most of your free trial.
Why is it necessary? To effectively test out the service in the limited free trial, you will first need to know its capabilities and bounds.
SEMrush has many tools and features, and unlike free trials of some other websites, SEMrush allows you access to the full service.
To help you quickly and thoroughly test out the complete service within the SEMrush 30-day free trial, I have created this section where you will learn how you can do it.
Alright, so let’s get started with it and help you decide whether SEMrush is genuinely for you or not.
SEMrush SEO Toolkit
As you probably already know, SEO makes your website visible in search queries from your potential customers. SEO can be a bit complex, and that’s why you require the right tools to handle it.
SEMrush offers some competitive SEO tools that will guide you through the whole optimization process. Even if you aren’t very knowledgeable about SEO, don’t worry, as the features are pretty easy to pick up.
Many beginners hit the first Google results page, thanks to the SEMrush SEO tools.
There are several SEO tools that SEMrush offers.
Technical SEO tools
The first category of SEO tools is the technical one, which will help you with the basics of SEO.
These are the three SEMrush technical tools:
- Site Audit runs a high-speed crawler on your website and reports back any issues with your pages.
- You can check your pages with the On-page SEO Checker and get suggestions to improve your website's search ratings.
- The Log File Analyzer helps you analyze your website access logs to see how a search engine crawler interacts with your pages.
SEO Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is the soul of SEO. Without it, you are never going to be able to do effective optimization of your content.
A keyword tool sure comes in handy for this purpose. That’s why SEMrush offers several of these so that you can do some easy organic research.
Here is the complete list of the keyword research tools offered:
- Keyword Overview lets you see the value of any keyword on your website along with the competition keyword.
- Organic research allows you to see a list of the best-performing organic keywords that your competitors are using.
- Keyword Magic Tool offers you a user-friendly interface to interact with a database of over 20 billion keywords.
- Keyword Gap allows you to compare your SEO campaign with the competitors' so that you can make improvements.
- Keyword Manager allows you to analyze in real-time over 1,000 keywords at once.
Backlink Analysis Tools
Another critical part of SEO is backlinks. In case you aren’t aware of what they are, the basic idea behind them is that they are links to your website from another website.
How does that help your website? Search engines consider many criteria to decide which web pages should show up higher in the results. If your website has many backlinks, they will assess your content as more credible.
So, the more backlinks you have, the higher in the search engine rankings your web pages will be, and you will receive more organic traffic.
- Backlink Audit Tool allows you to monitor your backlink profile for its quality in full detail, thus helping you strengthen it.
- Backlink Analytics helps you stay updated on your competitor’s link-building strategy.
- Backlink Gap offers you tracking of your competitor’s backlink profiles with visuals.
- Bulk Backlink Analysis allows you to analyze your backlink-building progress against your competitors.
- Link Building Tool allows you to run automated outreach campaigns so that you can acquire more backlinks.
SERP Tracking Tools
Next are the SERP tracking tools. What's a SERP? It stands for “Search Engine Results Page.”
A search rating position tracking and research tool will help you know just where in the market you currently stand so that you can make improvements accordingly.
- Position Tracking allows you to track domains, keywords, and competitors on Google, helping you optimize your campaign.
- The Sensor tool lets you monitor changes in Google’s algorithm so that you can stay up-to-date on which industries are changing the most.
- The Ranks tool allows you to research the top domains in the market that get the most organic traffic.
SEMrush Content Marketing Toolkit
Like the last toolkit, this one has multiple powerful features as well. While page SEO is crucial for your website to show up in search engines, it's the content that will help you convert your traffic.
I have seen many websites that have some effective SEO, but their content is inferior. Even if they manage to get a large amount of traffic, not many people will convert to customers.
That’s why well-researched content with a marketing campaign is required to be successful in today’s highly competitive environment.
SEMrush makes life easier here as well by offering these tools:
Marketing your content is quite essential. To be better known in the market, you have to build a brand.
If you want to know how your brand is doing, SEMrush has several tools to track your progress.
SEMrush also offers many tools to plan out an effective marketing campaign. There is also a competitor analysis tool.
Make sure that you test out these tools in your SEMrush free trial period:
- Topic Research helps you search for popular content ideas that your audience will like. Also, it shows you the competitor’s top headlines.
- Marketing Calendar allows you to plan out your content strategy. It’s quite essential to effectively map out an editorial schedule and have a more competitive team.
- You can create SEO-friendly content with the SEO Content Template so that you can get organic clicks to your website.
- If writing is an issue, don’t worry, as the SEO Writing Assistant will help you write SEO-friendly and grammar-correct content.
- Brand Monitoring allows you to track any mentions of your brand online. You can use the same tool for that as well.
- If you would like to track social media or article engagement by your audience, Post Tracking is the tool that would come in handy.
- Content Audit tool lets you analyze your content and helps you identify what needs an update.
Content Creation and Distribution
While marketing needs focus, it’s only half the battle. The other part is to create great content and effectively distribute it so that it reaches your audience.
As you know, marketing won’t get you everything. Sure, with an effective marketing campaign, you will get a decent amount of traffic. However, if the content isn’t good enough, your conversion rate will remain low.
Likewise, even if you make good content, it won’t reach your audience without effective distribution. So, both it and creation is quite essential.
SEMrush free trial offers you the following as a solutiare:
- Do you think you can’t create content on your own? Head on over to the SEMrush Content Marketplace, and they will get you a professional copywriter who will produce optimized articles for you.
- If you want to quickly and easily distribute your content across various social media websites, the Social Media Poster is the tool to use.
SEMrush Market Research Toolkit
To build an effective marketing campaign, you will have to put some effort into market research.
Usually, market research takes a lot of time. Thankfully, the SEMrush free trial offers you many tools to make the process much more comfortable.
These tools will free up a lot of time to put it into bettering your content creation and distribution processes.
SEMrush offers both free and paid tools for this one. Here are they:
Market Analysis Tools
Analyzing your market can prove to be a bit difficult, but SEMrush makes it quite convenient.
Market analysis is crucial for the consistent growth of your business. I would recommend trying these tools out before your free SEMrush 30-day trial period ends.
Here are the two robust analysis tools SEMrush has:
- Market Explorer is a research tool that helps you determine the potential and size of a market that interests you. It also shows you the market share of the top organizations.
- If you want to analyze your target audience, Traffic Analytics is the best tool to do so. You can learn more about your customers and be able to communicate with them better.
I recommend checking out the traffic analytics tool in your SEMrush free trial period.
Paid marketing can be a bit of a risk, but you can make back much more than you spend if done right.
Before paying for an ad, you should research everything surrounding it before moving forward with it.
It’s always a good idea to look at what the top competitors are doing. Replicating their ad campaigns can net you more effortless short-term success.
Typically, the research and advertising process would take some time and dedication to nail it correctly.
However, with the SEMrush free trial, you can use all these tools to automate hours' worth of content:
- Advertising Research Tool makes it easy to analyze the top brands’ ad strategies in your desired market. You can view their ad copy examples as well.
- Display Advertising Tool will help you find publishers willing to give you high-performing placements for your ads to reach your target audience.
- PLA Research Advertising is the tool to look for if you want to get into Product Listing Ads (PLA). It allows you to analyze the search queries that trigger certain PLAs.
PLA Research is essential, so I recommend trying this feature out during your free SEMrush trial (30 days).
PPC Keyword Research Tools
You are probably aware of what PPC is, but if anyone reading this doesn’t know it, it's: PPC stands for Pay Per Click.
As you may have guessed, a PPC campaign is the act of paying publishers, websites, or search engines for each click your advertisements get through them.
PPC campaigns can be quite useful if done well. For that, you will have to do your keyword research right.
Free trial SEMrush offers you these tools to make the job significantly more straightforward and less time-consuming.
PPC Keyword Tool
Since search engines are a big part of a PPC campaign, you will need to get your keywords rightly optimized to succeed.
It works just like standard SEO. You must do some keyword research and plug them into your ad campaigns. The better the SEO, the more clicks you will get on your ads.
The PPC Keyword Tool helps you organize your keywords at various levels, like campaigns and ad groups.
With the tool, you can also search through CPC data. CPC stands for “Cost Per Click.” You have to find the right price so that your campaign becomes profitable.
If you go for a CPC price that’s too expensive, you might have difficulty breaking even, as an ad campaign is still quite risky. You have to move in such a way to minimize any possible losses.
Be sure to take full advantage of this feature in the free trial SEMrush account.
The CPC Map is another tool that offers more features to work around Cost Per Click pricing.
As is apparent, different locations will search for various keywords. They will also react differently to your ad campaigns as well.
The CPC Map tool helps you plot the most expensive and searched keywords in a specific state, city, or region.
Obtaining a CPC Map will help you judge which locations will best receive your ad campaigns. Once you have charted it all out, you can begin to create one tailored to that region’s best keywords.
So yeah, the CPC Map tool helps you lower your ad campaign’s risk, and if you use it right, you can drastically improve your chances of success.
I recommend checking out this feature at least once on your free SEMrush account trial.
Social Media Management Tools
It’s 2020; social media is easily the biggest platform for effective marketing campaigns. The best thing about it is that it has an extensive reach so that you can advertise just about any kind of product.
Like any other kind of marketing, you must put effort into keyword and advertising research here.
SEMrush's free trial gives you some management tools that you can use to manage your social media accounts and marketing campaigns.
Here are the tools:
Social Media Poster
As a company, you will have to create an account for every social media website (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
Since there are quite a few accounts to handle, you will have to take the time to post things on schedule everywhere.
SEMrush's 30 day-free trial makes it much more manageable. It offers you this tool to automate your entire posting process.
With the tool, you can schedule your posts, and they will be on all accounts simultaneously at the time you entered them.
You can also use it as a social media tracker and keep up-to-date with your performance. With this data, you can analyze your marketing campaign and improve accordingly.
Social Media ads
As with making posts on these websites, ads are an effective way to do your marketing.
The tool that SEMrush offers you for a free trial offers you features to manage ads within Facebook products (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and carry out an effective marketing campaign.
Advertising research is crucial here, as well. It will help you increase the chances of your campaigns being successful. SEMrush makes the job easier by giving you tips to improve your low-performing ads.
So yeah, try this tool out and create your ads before the free SEMrush trial period ends.
Free SEMrush trial FAQ
1. Is it possible to create both a SEMrush Guru account and a SEMrush Pro account?
The free SEMrush trial is only valid for one plan: a SEMrush Guru or a SEMrush Pro account.
So, you should think about which plan you want to choose. Here is a short explanation of each account so that you can get an idea:
- A SEMrush Pro account is quite affordable, so it’s ideal for people who are freelancers or running a startup.
Do note that the SEMrush pro account will not get you every feature. It still offers decent things, so if it works for you, go for it.
- Unlike a SEMrush pro account, SEMrush Guru is less affordable but offers a much more complete list of features.
So, growing agencies and small organizations should get SEMrush Guru.
Go ahead with the free trial that you think works for you and try SEMrush today.
2. How do I remove card details from SEMrush?
If you currently have a recurring subscription, you can update or remove your credit card details. Go to the Subscription Details section of My profile settings' Billing info page to make these adjustments.
3. How do I downgrade my SEMrush account?
Send a request to the Support team if you want to downgrade your account. The number of downgrades is unrestricted, but you risk losing your current projects. SEMRUSH saves your project's data for 30 days after downgrading in case you decide to upgrade again to get your data back.
4. Can you cancel your account after your SEMrush free trial is over?
Yes, you can cancel your SEMrush account after the free trial is over, and you will not be charged for anything, either.
To cancel your account, you have to shoot an email to SEMrush with a cancellation request, and they will process it.
It may take up to one week to process your cancellation request.
5. What happens after you cancel your free trial? Can you still use your SEMrush account?
After you cancel your SEMrush trial subscription, you can still access your free account and use SEMrush.
However, unlike the SEMrush free trial, you will be severely limited in the features you can use here.
SEMrush also gives you 30 days to renew your subscription and keeps the data safe until then.
Before I delve into deals, it would be a good idea to look at an overview of SEMrush’s features.
- Social Media Management
- On-page SEO
- Keyword Research
- Link Building
- Local SEO
- Rank Tracking
- Competitor SEO Analysis
- Content Marketing
- Content Creation and Distribution
- Content Optimization
- Content Marketing Analytics
- Market Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Paid Advertising
- Competitor PR Monitoring
- PPC Keyword Research
- Website Monetization
SEMrush Pros and Cons
Here is also a quick look at the pros and cons of SEMrush:
- Affordable price
- All-in-one digital marketing service
- Analysis of website traffic
- Keyword research
- Warnings for toxic elements
- Semrush only offers data for Google; various rival programs, most notably Ahrefs, offer data from many search engines.
- Although helpful, the free trial needs you to provide your credit card information to access it.
- Using Semrush on a mobile device is challenging since the UI is not “responsive.”
Which Plan is Right for You? SEMrush Pro vs. GURU Comparison:
When looking into a new service, choosing the right plan is the most critical step. However, sometimes it can get confusing about what version you will need.
To help you decide which SEMrush plan best suits your business needs, I have broken down the features into an easier-to-digest form.
Here are the three SEMrush plans:
SEMrush Pro account.
The cheapest SEMrush plan is the Pro plan, which costs $199.95 per month if paid annually. Some of the features it includes are:
- Five projects
- 500 keywords to track.
- Mobile rankings
- One target per project.
- Five scheduled PDF reports
- One user
- 10,000 results per report.
- 3,000 daily reports.
- 250 keyword metrics monthly updates
SEMrush Guru account
The Guru plan costs $229.95 monthly ($191.62 per month if paid annually). It naturally includes all the features already in the Pro plan and also the following list of features:
- 15 projects
- 1,500 keywords to track.
- Ten targets per project.
- 20 scheduled PDF reports.
- Branded PDF reports
- Access to the content marketing platform
- 30,000 results per report.
- 5,000 daily reports.
- 1,000 keyword metrics monthly updates
- Historical data
SEMrush Business account
The final plan is the Business plan, which costs $449.95 per month ($374.95 per month if paid annually). It has all the features of the Guru plan, plus these features:
- 40 projects
- 5,000 keywords to track.
- Unlimited targets per project.
- 50 scheduled PDF reports.
- White label PDF reports
- Integration with Google Data Studio
- 50,000 results per report.
- 10,000 daily reports.
- Monthly updates will include 5,000 keyword metrics.
- Product listing ads
Now that you have seen all the plans, you should know which one would suit your needs.
SEMrush Pro vs. Guru
Since the business plan is mainly for big organizations that already have an extensive presence in the industry, the Pro and Guru plans are the ones you should consider choosing.
You should go with the Pro plan if you are a freelancer or a startup. It has some excellent features to offer at an affordable price.
The Guru plan would be ideal for SEO/marketing agencies with a considerable client base; the Guru plan would be ideal. It has some powerful features which will be sure to come in handy.
Remember, only go for the Pro plan if you are tight on the budget. You will use it and then decide if the Pro version has all the required features. If not, Guru, it is.
SEMrush free trial verdict
SEMrush is an outstanding marketing toolset service that is, in my opinion, one of the most feature-complete websites.
The SEMrush free trial is an excellent way to test out the service, as they don’t put any restrictions on you, and you can also go for any plan.
Just keep in mind that you will need to enter your credit card details to get the SEMrush free trial.
I thoroughly recommend that you start with your SEMrush free trial today using the link provided in this article.