Everyone loves to have some free-up time while getting started on a project or work. Setting up things before getting started helps in achieving what you want. This is where Mind Mapping Software works.
Mind Mapping Software is an all-in-one solution that helps you keep your task aligned and increase your effectiveness and productivity in real-time. It assists you in keeping essential dots and matching up those dots to move forward.
You can use mind maps to give a creatively customized and easy to understand look to your creative thoughts.
Additionally, With these brilliant Mind Mapping softwares, you can break down your project goals into small groups of chunks in a creative way.
However, there are so many Mind Mapping Tools that are available out there. Every tool & software comes with something unique, which makes it different from the rest. It makes it confusing to select the best suitable one for many users.
This post will give you a walkthrough of the best mind mapping softwares, how to use them, how they help you with increased productivity, and so much more.
The 10 Best Mind Mapping Software
Here is the Best Mind Mapping software list that you can use to increase your productivity and management skills. It is a quick view of the list. However, you will find the detailed discussion below.
- Microsoft Visio
What Is Mind Mapping Software?
Creativity is an unstoppable state of mind that we can’t ignore and can’t even store. It changes with increasing time and gives incredible new ideas for whatever we are doing. This is where Mind Mapping Software comes to assist you.
Mind Mapping software allows you to store the ideas you have in mind and set up a task strategy. You can simply say that you can engagingly connect the dots to move forward with a brilliant strategy.
In a nutshell, Mind Mapping Software is a brainstorming software allowing you to give a visually intuitive shape to your incredible new ideas. From project management, fishbone chart, to the task outline, even Content Calendar, you can create anything you want. Even can create a business plan for your journey after graduating from your college.
This software could be complicated or even handy enough to create a map in a few seconds. Moreover, you can use the Mind Mapping tools for a range of purposes, including
- Brainstorm to generate ideas.
- Give a Creative Diagram shape to your Project Timelines and organizational Charts.
- Create Sitemaps and Wireframes of your upcoming Website or Mobile App.
- An actionable strategy to leverage your potential with online courses.
Let’s have a look at what is a mind map and how to create one for you.
What Is A Mind Map? What Is Mind Mapping?
A Mind Map is a visual image of the creative new ideas that you create in the form of a web. It shows a connective relationship between your thoughts.
However, Mind Mapping is the process of thinking about the actionable process in a creative way. It helps in the execution of the plan and gives fantastic results.
How To Make A Mind Map
With advanced technology and the availability of Mind Mapping tools and Apps, it is very easy to create a Mind Map.
Now you can create a visually creative and easy-to-understand Mind Map on your own with the software’s help. Simply you have to follow the steps.
- Click on the blank canvas to create.
- Add the prominent process name or name of the Mind Map.
- Add relevant Ideas and sub-ideas to the canvas.
- Connect these ideas with lines.
- Use Customized options to give it a personalized look.
Additionally, you can fasten the process by simply selecting a suitable template from the gallery. Many Min Mapping Tools offer a wide range of templates allowing you to create a creative mind map in a few clicks.
Why Use Mind Mapping Software?
Presenting a process with additional ideas has never been so easy. There wasn’t any way that can make it customized yet catchy for the audience.
Drawing ideas on a piece of paper seems time taking yet doesn’t come with a creative look.
However, Mind Maps works amazingly to present the ideas and steps thoroughly in a creative way. Unlike the piece of paper, the free mind map’s visuals make it easy for your team to understand the process and the idea.
Moreover, using a mind map tool makes it easier for Marketing Managers to create a visually creative idea than drawing it on paper. That’s why it is a profitable decision to use a mind map tool. It saves your energy, boosts imaginative skills, increases productivity, and saves your time.
Overviews Of The Best Mind Mapping Software
Among the various Mind Map software available online, here are the top-rated softwares that you can use to excel your productivity and creativity in 2021. You will find the details of each software below:
If you are looking for a mind-blowing mind mapping software with lots of other perks, try ClickUp. ClickUp is one of the best mind mapping tools with exciting features in a freemium subscription, including revision history.
The core reason why you should choose ClickUp for Mind Mapping is its versatility. You can create a virtually engaging structure for project and task management, which you can share with your team. You can create a mind map individually and with the help of other users by co-users features.
Moreover, you will be able to develop free-form diagrams & fishbone charts on ClickUp. The drag and drop feature lets you add the box or anything you want to move forward.
Additionally, you will be able to create project structures without being worried about the limitations. As soon as you insert a new step, you can link that with the previous one. As a result, you will have all your creative free mind thoughts in a customized and actionable way.
Moreover, throughout the Mind Map, you can use nodes as a reference for work to be completed. You can also create & link tasks depending on the project structure directly from your canvas window. It will keep all the details of revision history.
Why Choose ClickUp?
Here are the reasons why to consider ClickUp:
- Simple, user-friendly, and versatile.
- 99.99% Uptime.
- Maintains Privacy & Security.
- Allows sharing with the teammates.
- Integrated with many management apps.
- It comes with additional ClickUp Apps to boost your efficiency.
- Permits you to import tasks from Asana, Monday, Trello, and many other apps.
- E-mail help from Customer Support.
- Suited for Windows 8 and onwards.
ClickUp comes with an affordable pricing plan, along with a free plan.
- Free trial – Free Forever.
- Unlimited – For small teams, with Unlimited capacity of everything limited in the Free version.
- Business – For mid-sized teams, with Robust features to help you expand your business.
- Business Plus – Best for multiple team organizations, with packed features to support up and coming businesses.
- Enterprise – For Enterprise-level businesses, with customizable roles and packages.
MindMeister comes at the top of the list when it comes to having web-based mind mapping software. Aside from the features, usability, and versatility, MindMeister is an online mind mapping tool with additional perks that can be accessed in a web browser.
There aren't any compatibility limitations, downloads, installation, and updates. Simply create an account and start creating epic visuals of your creative free mind.
The main reason you should choose MindMeister as a mind mapping solution is its compatibility, features, and permissibility for real-time use. You can insert the idea that comes into your mind and link it to others. You can also change their position based on the structure.
Moreover, for better management, once you get done with brainstorming and planning, you can drag and drop the idea in MeisterTask. It will help you with easy management and on-time completion.
In a nutshell, you can boost your efficiency in brainstorming, planning, notes taking, ideas management, and knowledge management with the help of a single online tool.
Why choose MindMeister?
To ensure a smooth and creative workflow, MindMeister comes with many features making it unique from other tools. Such as
- It is integrated with more than FIVE business software and online apps to enhance your productivity.
- Different Map layouts to keep your mind maps aligned, clean, and customized.
- Share the mind maps with your team members for real-time collaboration.
- Convert your Ideas into actionable tasks with MeisterTask.
- Link essential files to your ideas directly from DropBox & Google Drive or G-Suite.
- Compatible with Windows 8 & onwards.
MindMeister Pricing Plans
MindMeister offers FOUR different pricing plans that come with various features limitations.
- Basic – Free Plan with three mind maps.
- Personal – For Individuals.
- Pro – For outclass, mind mapping whether in team or individual.
- Business – For enterprise and mapping enthusiasts.
Ayoa Mind Mapping tool is another excellent pick that helps you get done with your work creatively. It comes with the most straightforward interface allowing you to draw your new ideas freely. Moreover, you can link steps to each other to form a strategic structure of your thoughts.
Aside from brainstorming and idea generation, you can also plan projects, hold meetings to present them in front of your team via presentation mode, take notes, and analyze things’ accuracy.
Moreover, Ayoa offers complete versatility and flexibility that permits you to brainstorm your ideas online and offline. You can link important files to the steps from Google Drive & Dropbox, turn your ideas into actionable tasks, categories the workflow, and ask your teammates to vote.
Why choose Ayoa?
- Give a captivating customized look to your ideas with Radial Maps.
- Easy sharing for real-time collaboration with the team.
- Helps you with time management via the Gantt timeline view.
- E-mail help from customer support.
- Quick downloadable file for Windows and other operating services.
Ayoa Pricing Plans
- MIND MAP – Mind Mapping and collaboration features with unlimited access.
- PRO – All Mind Map features, including Whiteboards and extensive storage features.
- ULTIMATE – Best for more powerful task management, collaboration and integrations.
Known as the Evernote for Creatives, Milanote Mind Mapping solution is another excellent pick under the list of the best Mind mapping software. If you are looking for easy-to-use, advanced features, simple yet useful tools to give your ideas a catchy look, Milanote would be an excellent fit for you.
Unlike others, Milanote is the simplest and easiest one to get started. It won’t ask investment of hours to take mind mapping sessions. You can simply head over to start now, create an account, and start writing your ideas on the canvas.
Moreover, you can also change the ideas into tasks. Add steps in the Task Manager with a deadline and details to keep track of them. You can also link relevant files and data to your mind maps from Google Drive or G-Suite and Dropbox.
Milanote is a perfect solution for everything from Mind Mapping, Project Management, Team Management, and Remote Working. It comes with many features permitting you to create, analyze, and collaborate with your team simultaneously.
Moreover, with the whiteboard & presentation features, you can unleash your team’s creative potential.
Why choose Milanote?
Milanote comes with millions of perks, including
- Text Editing and Task Management features.
- Support JPGs, PDFs, Docx, and many other file formats.
- Save important reading material from the web via web clippers.
- Collaborate in Mobile App and Computer as well. Compatible with Windows and other operating systems.
Milanote comes with many features and three different pricing plans. You can select the one that meets your needs and standards.
- FREE PLAN – Free Forever with a limited set of features.
- INDIVIDUAL PLAN – Robust features designed for individuals.
- TEAM PLAN – Designed for teams, comes with advanced features to collaborate with your team (price depends per user).
Microsoft Visio is the coolest tool that allows you to create visually creative data structures and connect them. With Microsoft Visio, you can give an easy to understand look to your tangled ideas. Simple diagrams will make it easy for the audience to get to the point quickly.
Visio allows you to create Flow Charts, Organisation Charts, Floor Plans, and Brainstorming your ideas. You can also generate Network Diagrams with the help of pre-made templates to save time.
Additionally, you can add your teammates for real-time collaboration and help increase the efficiency of the business. Moreover, Visio is compatible with a variety of accessible features ensuring the availability everywhere you want.
Why choose Microsoft Visio?
- Easy anytime, anywhere collaboration with Microsoft Office suite.
- When purchased, it comes with OneDrive for Business storage space.
- Collaborate on diagrams with your choice of the web version or the Visio desktop app.
Visio Pricing Plans
Visio offers two different pricing plans that are designed for different-sized businesses. Depending on the needs, the features are limited.
As its name means, MindGenius is a mind mapping and project management buddy of genius individuals and businesses. It is the best option for the easiest mind map software that you can use. Whether you are a Writer, Teacher, Marketing Manager, or an Entrepreneur. MindGenius will help you to bring your ideas in a creatively simple way to create a strategic process that you can act upon.
Like other options, it also allows you to change the steps of the process into actionable tasks. With the Task Manager, you can keep track of your performance. Moreover, you can share your mind maps with your team to work together or on social media with your friends.
MindGenius offers a flexible experience to users with its Web-based and Desktop versions. Depending on your needs, you can select any of them. You can keep the MindGenius every time with you, or you can open it up whenever you need.
Moreover, it comes with four different views, including Gantt View and Slides View, to help you perform well. You can share the project directly with your colleagues and add them to assign them specific tasks later.
Why choose MindGenius?
- Easier progress review
- Ideal for small and upcoming businesses
- Easily move MindView maps into MS Project
- Easily switch from MindMap to Gantt chart or timeline
MindGenius Free Trial
MindGenius offers a 14-day FREE TRIAL that you can avail of without giving your Credit Card information. Simply Enter your email address, and you will get free access to the MindGenius.
MindGenius Pricing Plans
MindGenius is offering five different pricing plans with other specifications and limitations to the features.
Miro Mind Map Software is an online visual tool permitting you to create intuitive and crispy maps of what’s going on in your mind. Great teams perform great functions, and great functions are the results of free mind maps & creativity.
Being one of the most used and intuitive Mind Map software, Miro comes with many additional perks. It includes management software that helps you in creating maps for Research & Design and Strategy & Planning. All these features are included to help you with your business.
Whether you are a Marketing Manager or an individual Marketing Monarch, you will find it easy to create your creative, strategic workflow. Moreover, you can scale up your team collaboration with remote work resources and features.
Additionally, the unlimited mind maps canvas will let you think and brainstorm concepts without limitations. You can share your mind maps with your team to work together on social media or present it in front of them in presentation mode.
Why choose Miro?
- It is integrated with advanced apps and tools.
- Enterprise-grade security to keep your data safe and secure.
- Compatible with Windows and other operating systems.
Miro Pricing Plans
Miro is offering four different pricing plans targeting four different types of users.
- FREE TRIAL– Free Forever with Limited Features.
- TEAM PLAN – For small groups looking to boost their collaboration.
- BUSINESS PLAN – For growing companies.
- ENTERPRISE PLAN – For established companies.
SmartDraw comes at the top of the list when it comes to having an easy-to-use flow chart and mind mapping software. It is one of the flexible and most versatile mind map software that comes in two different modes. You can use the web browser Edition as well as the Desktop version of the SmartDraw.
SmartDraw tool comes with many pre-made templates that you can use to create mind maps. So that you can use the mind maps to structure a strategic process to execute your plan.
One of the notable features is the smooth migration from Visio to SmartDraw. You can migrate all your mind maps from Visio to collaborate with your team with extensive features. Additionally, you can add users if you want to.
Moreover, SmartDraw is the only software that comes with the Intelligent Formatting feature. Whatever you add, delete, or move in the map, the image will get itself aligned in the canvas.
Why choose SmartDraw?
- SmartDraw integrates seamlessly with the tools you already use like Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Powerful automation where you can also connect to your AWS account and generate a visual automatically
- Checks basically every box for your enterprise’s needs for 10x less.
SmartDraw Pricing Plan
SmartDraw offers three different pricing plans for use. Depending on your needs – single or multiple users or for a Site, you can select the one needed.
LucidChart is another best mind mapping software permitting you to reach the top of efficiency. It is one of the best mind mapping software that I have ever used for free. The unique thing about LucidChart is that you can draw the idea on the canvas and share it with your team so that they can collaborate with you in real-time.
Your teammates will be able to edit and make changes at the same time you do. Moreover, you will be able to see the performance of multiple users on your screen. So the result or the final mind map will be a perfect solution to your task.
Moreover, you don’t have to wait for the downloading of the tool. You can immediately start using the LucidChart tool via the SignUp option. Once you get done with the Sign-Up process’s formalities, you will see limitless possibilities in your dashboard.
Depending on your need, you can start directly with the help of a blank canvas, or you can use a premade theme as well.
Why choose LucidChart?
- Easy sharing with edit permissions
- Predefined industry standard templates
- Large list of export diagram export options
LucidChart Pricing Plan
LucidChart has designed four different pricing plans. These plans are designed for specific business levels that come with specified features.
- FREE – Free plan with limited access to their features.
- INDIVIDUAL PLAN – Best for solopreneurs.
- TEAM PLAN – Perfect for small-sized teams.
- ENTERPRISE PLAN – Best for growing businesses.
Coggle mind mapping software is a perfect tool for collaborative mind maps, flow charts, other maps, and notes taking. It is the easiest tool that you can use to give a creative face to your thoughts.
Additionally, if you want to create visual maps of thoughts that you don’t want to share, you can draw on Coggle as Private Diagrams. Private diagrams will be private forever. No one will be able to find those mind maps and diagrams even if the subscription ends.
Aside from this, Coggle allows you to take notes, draw creative mind maps, flowcharts, and share them with your teammates. It permits real-time collaboration with no hassle.
Moreover, if your team wants to add or alter something in the map or flowchart, you can allow them to do so. The software permits you to add users. This way, you will see their edits on your screen.
Why choose Coggle?
- Great free version of the tool.
- Seamless integration with Google services.
- Stylish map animations.
- Easy to add content loops and branches.
Coggle Pricing Plans
Coggle is offering three different plans with different limitations on features. You can select any of these plans depending on your needs.
- FREE TRIAL – Free forever.
- AWESOME – Ideal for Personal use.
- ORGANIZATION – Perfect for Team members.
Other Mind Mapping Software
Aside from the Best Mind Mapping Software that is mentioned above, there are many others too. Depending on the matrices that are being influenced on the purchases, I grade the following mind mapping tools.
So basically, the choice will vary depending on the
- Ease of Use
1. Best Mind Map Tools at Low Price
Many people, especially low budget entrepreneurs, look for a cheap alternative to the mind map maker. To help our low budget friends, I made a list of the best mind mapping software you can use. The list includes
- Coggle – Starting with $5 only.
- MindMeister – Starting at $4.99 per month only.
- ClickUp – Starting at $5 per month if billed annually.
- MindMup – Starting at $2.99 per month.
- Xmind – Available at best lifetime deals.
2. Easy to Use Mind Mapping Tools
Mind mapping is the process of drawing the creative visuals that come into your mind in a customized way. It seems a bit tricky. However, it is one of the quickest and fun processes if you got the right tools for it. You don’t have to invest hours in mind mapping sessions.
Most business users are looking for the easiest mind mapping software that they can use to draw their creative concepts or maps into the mind mapping canvas. There are many mind mapping apps and tools that come with creative mind map templates. However, not all of them are simple to use.
So, I picked some of the most straightforward tools that come with robust features. The list of easy to use mind mapping tools includes
- Bubbl us – an online tool for mind mapping and brainstorming.
Mind Mapping Mobile Apps
Depending on the versatility you want with mind map creation, a Mind map web app and mobile app is the most flexible solution. Mind Map Mobile Apps let you access the software on your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
A few mind maps software mentioned in the list above have their mobile app. However, here is a list of the best ones.
- Mind Map & Concept Map Maker | Mindomo – Perfect solution for quick mind maps, compatible with iOS Android and all mobile devices (includes Cloud-based storage).
- miMind – Grow as your creativity grows.
- Xmind – The most popular mind mapping mobile app, xmind, is compatible with iPhone and iOS Android.
- MindNode – Perfect for Mac and iOS Android.
- Popplet – Simplest & user-friendly mind map mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Get Mind Mapping Today!
Mind Mapping activity is a creative way to generate ideas and establish connections. When used properly, it may be a highly effective method of generating new ideas and connecting interested individuals.
A fantastic idea is one thing, but fusing these thoughts and ideas together can result in something much greater. Having the appropriate tools for your mind mapping requirements enables you to brainstorm and organize your thoughts way better.
We hope this list helped you pick the one you need for your organization’s niche and needs. So why wait? Start Mind mapping today and see the results for yourself!